What surprised me was how easy this sweet is. Simply grind the cashews, make a sugar syrup. Put the cashew powder in syrup till it absorbs. Place it on a greased tray and let it cool slightly. Then just cut in diamond shape. That's it. The only glitch came when my grinder stopped working at the nick of the time. And I had to resort to the chopper for this job. So you can very see the cashews are still granular than powdered. Nevertheless, it still tasted good.
Kaju Katli Recipe
Cashews - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Rose Essence - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Powder the cashews in a coffee grinder. Grease a tray and set aside
- Make a sugar syrup by adding sugar to hot water. Add rose essence and let it simmer for few minutes till you get a syrup consistency
- Remove syrup from gas and add the cashew powder and cardamom powder. Mix well so that all syrup is soaked in
- Now spread this mix on the greased tray to 1/4 inch thickness
- Let it cool slightly. Then cut in diamond or any other desired shape
- Cover with silver wak, if you have it ( I didn't)
And this goes as my entry to Drive me Nuts. Have you sent yours?
An all time classic ~ beautifully recreated!ReplyDelete
yum, love them :)ReplyDelete
Thanx Aipi & Priya. Hope you are ready to send in your entries for the event!!ReplyDelete
Oh my all time fav !! Wish I was somewhere close by to barge into your kitchen. And talking about the addiction part .... yah it's true. I am so obsessed with my blog :) You are doing a wonderful job gurl. Keep the spirits high !!ReplyDelete
Very addictive and delicious kaju katli..my fav..ReplyDelete
wow..I adore this..! looks mouthwatering n tasty..ReplyDelete
first time here..love your space..nice presentation.
Am your new follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams
this is some thing i need to try.ReplyDelete
Hosting an event which I am calling Back to our Roots Also hosting for Nov’11 Veggie Food for the Month_Raw Banana. Please do send me your entries.